Rules
Addition- 1.If the signs are the same then add and keep the sign of the numbers. Ex. 2+3=5 Ex. -4+-5=-9
2.If the signs are different then subtract and keep the sign of the bigger number.Ex. 3-(-5=-2 (-70)+83=13
Subtraction-Change all subtraction to addition by doing the opposite of the 2ND number. Ex. 5-2=3-5+-2=3
Multiplication/Division-Multiply/Divide and if the signs are the same, then answer's positive. If the signs are different, it is negative. Ex. 3*5=15 3*-5=-15 9/-3=-3
Vocabulary
Integers- a set of whole numbers and their opposites
Opposite(of a number)- a number that is the same distance from 0, but on the other side of the number line
Extending The Topic
A website that tells you who invented integers is called http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/57212.html
Help
http://www.mathleague.com/help/integers/integers.htm This website gives you info about stuff we have talked about, and stuff we haven't.

1 comment:
Great job! I really like your rules and definitions. I found your link interesting as well. I would have liked to see a few examples.
Post a Comment